Tuesday 2 December 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Luke Young



You’ve got 2 hours left on earth (impending alien invasion/apocalypse etc) What do you do?

Definitely a threesome and it probably would be pretty easy to arrange due to the dire circumstances the planet was in :)

You’re being abducted by hunky aliens and they’ve never watched a DVD. What five movies do you take to watch with them?

Can my aliens be hot instead of hunky please?

My movies would be - Office Space, The second Austin Powers movie (The Spy Who Shagged Me), Michael Clayton, It's Complicated and Bridesmaids.

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?

I still like John Grisham's books. I've read most of them and The Firm was hard to put down.

How did you start your writing career?

One day, about eight years ago, I just decided to write a screenplay. I set out to figure out the proper format then cranked one out in about a month. It wasn't all that good, but it was fun. I found it was hard to get agents or producers to read them so I just entered a few of those screenplay contest. That didn't exactly lead to anything. From there I wrote a couple more screenplays. When I saw that eBooks were becoming really popular back in 2010, I decided to adapt one of my scripts into a novel. My first novel didn't sell very well, but I kept at it. When I wrote Friends With Partial Benefits, I thought I might be on to something. And that novel and the series have found a group of dedicated fans.

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?

I write edgy contemporary romantic comedies. I love putting people in awkward situations and writing about sex. So my books are mostly comedy, but with just enough romance in them that I think they lean closer to Contemporary Romance rather than just humor. Especially my Friends series.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?

If my male modelling career didn't pan out, I'd probably try my hand at stand-up comedy.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?

The sixth novel in my Friends With Benefits series is releasing on 12/18/2014 finally!

Where are your books available?

Amazon, B&N, Kobo, Smashword and the iBookstore

Stalker Links

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LukeYoungAuthor
Website: http://www.lukeyoungbooks.com
GR: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3470494.Luke_Young
Twitter: @LukeYoungBooks


Just a few more!!

Leather or Lace?

Lace - but I'm not the one wearing it...

Jeans or sweatpants/tracksuit pants?

Jeans

Heels or flats?

Heels

Sweet or savoury?

Sweet


Thanks, Luke, for taking the time out of your super busy schedule to do this!
 ~the queen b~

No comments:

Post a Comment